Friday, April 18, 2008

Pond5.com debuts at NAB 2008




So I met face to face with the people behind the “curtain” at Pond5.com. (An interesting and nice bunch to say the least. ) These guys have figured out a very streamlined, efficient and valuable stock footage sales method. Pay the artist a nice chunk (50%), offer great customer service to both the customer and the artist (keeps both sides happy) and manage a ton of stock footage at the same time. What a concept, and what a chore.




These guys seem to have figured it out pretty well. I started submitting a little over a month ago with these guys, and to my surprise, when I returned from NAB, I already had sales! Now that’s making money while you are asleep, having fun or hanging out in Vegas at NAB. It just can’t get any better than that!



The Pond5 Guys and their humble booth:

From left to right: Steve Penafiel (I'm sure he has a title too.), Dana Tower (CMO), Tom Bennett (CEO)

No comments:

Adobe - 2 Years (and a Half) Later - Great Stuff!

So here we are a few years later and Adobe didn't implode! On the contrary! Adobe is doing just fine and dandy. As a matter of fact,...